Friday, March 25, 2022

YouTube Playlist with English subbed Krimis


Just discovered this YouTube channel and playlist with a range of Krimis with English subs: Edgar Wallace, Bryan Edgar Wallace, Mabuse and others. 

Well worth checking out given how difficult it is to come across English friendly versions of those movies otherwise. If only some of the niche labels would finally come around to release proper box sets of those films for the International market.

To access the relevant Rialto Wallaces I had to change my region via VPN as they weren't available in my area.

4 comments:

  1. That's brilliant news. And it looks like they'll play here without dramas. At least I can play them on my computer. I'll try playing them on my smart TV thingy later - that way I can settle myself in a nice comfortable chair and totally immerse myself in Edgar Wallace krimi world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Playlist really is a Godsend. Enjoy the ride.

      Delete
  2. I just discovered this youtube list too - I skipped the krimis in my weird film education due to terrible dubbing and lousy transfers. The quality images and original german came at the cost of no subtitles. Jetzt habe mir beide! Ausgezeichnet! I can't believe how MANY there are. Suddenly the arrival of Argento makes a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything comes out of a better familiarisation with all the various Krimis (apart from just having fun watching them), is indeed a greater appreciation of how Gialli and Argento/Bava & Co came about.

      Delete